Recipe by northernmom
This protein-packed, meatless burger will impress you with it's seasonings and flavour.
Top Review by F-16 momma
Added oatmeal, breadcrumbs, and an egg to try and bind these together, but they were just too sloppy. We froze them than tried to cook them, but that didn't work either. Good flavor, but definately requires something else to hold it together...we really were excited for them and wanted to like them, but they were a failed attempt here that ended up in the trash:(
- 4 cups cooked black beans, well drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with a potato masher.
- Mix in the red onion, red bell pepper, poblano or other roasted pepper, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, cayenne and salf and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over med-high heat.
- Form the mixture into 6 or 8 patties and fry, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve hot on buns or pita bread with lettuce, tomato and salsa of your choice.