Threw this together with whatever was in the house. It worked remarkably well. Very flavourful without being overwhelming. You could probably use white or kidney beans instead of the black if you prefer. These are quite filling and hold up well enough to put on the barbecue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup black beans, cooked from dry (or canned beans well drained)
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (without seeds if you're not into spice)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 drops liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon imitation bacon bits
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3-1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs (give or take, to make right consistency)
- 1Premince the onion, garlic, parsley, and jalapeno.
- 2Shred your cheese.
- 3Combine all ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, in a food processor or blender until as smooth as possible.
- 4Add breadcrumbs a spoonful at a time until you have a stiff dough-like consistency.
- 5Form into patties no more than 1/2" thick.
- 6Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes or the fridge for 1 hour or overnight. Can also be frozen with wax paper between the patties to keep them from sticking together.
- 7Fry in oil, or grill on the barbecue.
- 8Serve on split buns topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and whatever condiments you like.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 801.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
imitation bacon bits