Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this recipe when looking for recipes using smoked paprika.
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 4.92 ml freshly chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 44.37 ml whole wheat flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- sliced roasted red pepper, jarred
- sliced red onion
- 4 multi-grain rolls
- In a large bowl, finely mash the black beans with a potato masher. Add the shallots, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, Worcestershire, hot sauce, cilantro, egg white, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Form into 4 patties. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Sear patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they have a nice crust. Remove the patties to a paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burgers with a patty, some fresh spinach, roasted red peppers and red onion on the multi-grain rolls.