Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this recipe when looking for recipes using smoked paprika.
Make and share this Black Bean Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sliced roasted red pepper, jarred
- sliced red onion
- 4 multi-grain rolls
- In a large bowl, finely mash the black beans with a potato masher. Add the shallots, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, Worcestershire, hot sauce, cilantro, egg white, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Form into 4 patties. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Sear patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they have a nice crust. Remove the patties to a paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble the burgers with a patty, some fresh spinach, roasted red peppers and red onion on the multi-grain rolls.