My vegetarian friend made these and I got to try them. I thought they were delicious and am posting so I can make them for my family. Thanks Claire. Recipe adapted from Southern Living.
- Coarsely mash the beans with a fork or potato masher.
- Mix together the mashed beans, oats, and next 5 ingredients.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Mix together the flour and cornmeal; dredge patties in flour mixture.
- Let the oil get hot in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; drain on paper towels.
- Serve on buns ( toasted buns work well).