Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Thanks to the one who shared this with me!
Top Review by spatchcock
I agree with Steve Grinavic: EXCEPTIONAL!! I made these tonight and even my picky BF loved them. I toasted some whole-wheat pitas and spread FF mayo and some avocado on them. I took Steve's healthy advice and usd ground whole oats (1 cup) instead of the bread crumbs. I also added two extra cloves of garlic, and I used dried basil since I didn't have any fresh around. They were really, really awesome. Thanks so much for posting this, I will make them all the time!!!!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place black beans in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into 6-8 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Place patties on a medium-hot grill for several minutes per side.
- Serve with mint salsa or your favorite ketchup, sauce/spread.