A great low carb snack! These are not as rich or as moist as traditional brownies but they really satisfy those "baked goods" cravings.
- 1 (15 ounce) canunseasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons oil (or 2 TBS unsweetened applesauce for Phase 2)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth-you will have to scrap down the sides a few times to make sure it is evenly blended.
- Pour into an 8x8-inch pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle additional cocoa powder on top if desired.
- Cover with saran wrap to keep fresh or freeze in individual pieces and defrost in the microwave whenever those munchies set in!