Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gluten free brownies
Make and share this Black Bean Brownies (Gluten Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Prehear oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8x8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the mixture or mix into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the top is dry and edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
- I frost them by putting the remaining bag of chocolate chips on top of the brownies when they come out of the oven. When melted, I spread them around.
I was skeptical, but these were very good! I will definitely make them again. I drained and rinsed the beans really really well, then threw everything in the food processor and let it whirl a while. It worked out great. Thank you!
WOW! These brownies were DELICIOUS! Forget protein and fiber bars, these are way yummy and full of good stuff for you! I absoloutly could NOT taste the beans. Just make sure you really blend the beans well until they are totally smooth. I blended them first for a long time becuause I was worried I would taste them, and then I added the other ingredients. My picky kids were shocked when mom said they could have one for breakfast. They said they were sooo good! Thanks for posting this one EJC12! Its a keeper.
These came out so good. I also was a little skeptical. I've looked at a few different recipes and some say they can taste the beans. I used my Vitamix and pureed the beans with the liquid ingredients first to make sure they were pulverized. I used eggbeaters and subbed applesauce for the oil, and dark chocolate chips. They came out very rich. I thought it seemed like a lot of sugar and considered reducing it but I'm glad I didn't. They are not sweet at all but if I cut back the sugar, I think I might taste the beans. Next time I will try cacao powder and nibs. I cut them into 16 servings and with the applesauce, it really cut back on the fat and calories. I will be making these often. Thanks for the recipe!