Recipe by calouste
These are flourless brownies made with pureed black beans! You won't believe it! You can substitute spices for the vanilla. I used about 1 tsp. Penzey's Apple Pie Spice and it was terrific.
Top Review by lhanderson86
A-MA-ZING! Just found out I was gluten intolerant recently, and have really been craving some chocolately pastry treat. These are without a doubt the best brownies I have ever made. Way better than anything boxed. They are not your traditional brownie consistency, more like fudge, but that's the way I like them! Make sure you use CANNED black beans. Organic with low sodium is the best way to go. Make sure to really blend the ingredients well to get the beans into really fine particles. I used a blender and it worked great. I added an extra tbs of chocolate to make them super tasty. My boyfriend was dubious and even he liked them! For the reviewers who said they tasted like beans: you must have done it wrong, because I have no idea what you are talking about. These taste great!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Mix ingredients together in a blender/food processor until pureed.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 cake pan.
- Stir in some chocolate chips and nuts, or leave plain.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.