Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito visited The Doctors TV show to talk about how to get your kids to eat healthier meals. This is one of thr recipes from DiSpirito's recipe book that is a lower-calorie treat that was highlighted on the show.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons low-calorie sugar-free chocolate syrup, such as Walden Farms
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, such as Breakstone's
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 84 g truvia artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the beans, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and egg substitute in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl halfway through.
- Add the chocolate syrup, sour cream, butter, Truvia, and vanilla. Process until all of the ingredients are combined, about 1 minute.
- Pout the batter into the prepared baking dish, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, turning the dish halfway through the baking time. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out with soft batter clinging to it.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the baking dish on a wire rack. Then cut into 12 squares and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.