Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not South Beach Diet! I added back real sugar but wanted to keep the beans for protein and fiber.
- 425.24 g canunseasoned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor, scraping down the sides a few times to make sure it is evenly blended.
- Pour into an 8x8 pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place leftovers in the fridge!
Very good.. I don't have a food processor so had to blend the beans in my magic bullett (not a good product) so there were pieces of bean that turned hard. BUT over all I love them. I decreased the sugar to 1 Cup and added a Tablespoon of vanilla they are YUMMY!!
These were delicious, and an excellent way to sneak some fiber into my family. My brownies took much longer than 40 minutes though - closer to an hour before the middle was set. I also decreased the sugar by 1/4 cup and might decrease it further next time, as they were a bit sweet for me (but not my family, who devoured them!) I loved the cakelike texture, too. Thanks so much!
Different than regular brownies, but I like em! They're more moist and fudgey. The first time I made them, I added less sugar as recommended in some of the reviews. Bad idea, I could taste the beans. The second time I did less sugar again, but added some stevia and almond extract. I couldn't taste the beans at all. They're also much better with some sort or chocolate frosting.