These burgers make up a complete vegetarian protein, and are both delicious and low-fat.
Make and share this Black Bean-Brown Rice Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- In a small pot, combine rice and 1 cup water; bring to a boil, and then turn down to medium heat and cook 20 minutes.In a saucepan, heat a little oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and soft.
- Add the corn and spices and cook until the corn is defrosted, another 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mash the drained beans with a fork or your fingers.
- Add the rice, corn, and onion; combine, mashing it with your fork as you go. Taste and adjust the spices now, because once you put the egg in you could risk salmonella.
- Add the egg and mix in well.
- Add the breadcrumbs.
- Form into patties by patting the desired amount of mixtured into a flat round. (I used a giant cookie scoop to make sure all the patties were the same size, but you can just divide the mixture into six sections).
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side (if you can't flip the patty without breaking it, it's probably not finished cooking).