1/1 Photo of Black Bean-Brown Rice Burgers
Hannah Verrinder's Note:
These burgers make up a complete vegetarian protein, and are both delicious and low-fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pot, combine rice and 1 cup water; bring to a boil, and then turn down to medium heat and cook 20 minutes.In a saucepan, heat a little oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent and soft.
- 2Add the corn and spices and cook until the corn is defrosted, another 5 minutes.
- 3In a medium bowl, mash the drained beans with a fork or your fingers.
- 4Add the rice, corn, and onion; combine, mashing it with your fork as you go. Taste and adjust the spices now, because once you put the egg in you could risk salmonella.
- 5Add the egg and mix in well.
- 6Add the breadcrumbs.
- 7Form into patties by patting the desired amount of mixtured into a flat round. (I used a giant cookie scoop to make sure all the patties were the same size, but you can just divide the mixture into six sections).
- 8Cook about 2 minutes on each side (if you can't flip the patty without breaking it, it's probably not finished cooking).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean-Brown Rice Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.4
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 449.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g