Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This should be called "Black Bean Blast" because it is so easy and fast to make.
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth or 354.88 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml chunky salsa
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin.
- Blend until fairly smooth.
- Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro.
I love this one! Fast, easy, and doesn't take a million ingredients. I made it in my Vitamix so everything was blended smooth and I didn't have to heat it on the stove. I felt like it needed more flavor in the end though. I added some lime juice, lots of cilantro, salt, and crushed tortilla chips. I thought it was terrific!
This is one excellent recipe. I like how easy it is to adjust the heat with the salsa you choose. 5 min prep, 10 minute heating time, fat free; a perfect recipe.
FAST & DELICIOUS. Took <10 minutes to prep. in processor. I doubled recipe, used veg. broth in recipe, topped ea. serving w/ dallop of vegan toffuti sour cream. Served with corn bread. Perfect for a rainy Portland evening.