Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is one of my favorite soups to serve to my family.
Top Review by Demandy
I am eager to try this - I just calculated carbs and this is a diabetic friendly recipe with about 13 carbs per cup of soup using Harris Teeter brand black bean dip. (2 servings as written) Just in case anyone is wondering. Update: Made this and it turned out very watery. Also the can of crab didn't add flavor, it was not good. I am not sure if part of the problem was that I used a different brand of black bean dip. Sorry, we had to throw this out.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth, defatted
- 1 (16 ounce) jarguiltless gourmet black bean dip (Spicy or Mild)
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth and bean dip in 2-quart glass measure or microwave-safe casserole. Cover with vented plastic wrap or lid; microwave on HIGH (100% power) 6 minutes or until soup starts to bubble.
- Stir in crabmeat and brandy, if desired; microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes or to desired serving temperature. To serve, ladle bisque into 8 individual ramekins or soup bowls, dividing evenly. Swirl 1 tablespoon sour cream into each serving. Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Stove Top Directions Combine broth and bean dip in 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in crabmeat and brandy, if desired; cook 2 minutes or to desired serving temperature. Serve as directed.