Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You probably have this stuff in your pantry and fridge. I really like to use mango salsa, but regular salsa works too. Don't chop up the avocado until you are ready to serve it, so it does not turn brown first.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 red onion, depending on size and your taste, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno, seeded, ribbed, and chopped finely
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (sometimes I use a mango salsa for a little sweetness, sometimes I use a more traditional salsa)
- 1 -3 dash hot sauce (I use Marie Sharp's habanero, I don't like Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was delightful and you feel like you can indulge without any guilt, because it's all good stuff. I have actually made this twice - once using the mango salsa, and once using hot chunky salsa. I prefer the traditional salsa over the sweetness of the mango, which makes a spicy treat! I will be serving this many times. Made for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks for posting!