Recipe by Jen in KS
You probably have this stuff in your pantry and fridge. I really like to use mango salsa, but regular salsa works too. Don't chop up the avocado until you are ready to serve it, so it does not turn brown first.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was delightful and you feel like you can indulge without any guilt, because it's all good stuff. I have actually made this twice - once using the mango salsa, and once using hot chunky salsa. I prefer the traditional salsa over the sweetness of the mango, which makes a spicy treat! I will be serving this many times. Made for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 red onion, depending on size and your taste, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno, seeded, ribbed, and chopped finely
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (sometimes I use a mango salsa for a little sweetness, sometimes I use a more traditional salsa)
- 1 -3 dash hot sauce (I use Marie Sharp's habanero, I don't like Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste