Recipe by AmyZoe
I never would have thought to combine black beans, asparagus, and fresh parsley. All I can say is WOW! This salad is very fresh...gets you in the mood for spring and fresh vegetables. Recipe from 2009 Taste of Home Annual Recipes/Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas. Thank you Iola for a great change of pace! Cook time excludes chilling time.
Top Review by LillyZackMom
While I LOVE all the individual ingredients in this recipe, I felt it was missing *something.* I added a bit of feta cheese which def helped...but even so this recipe didn't WOW me and I prob won't make it again. Sorry, but thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- 30 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained if using canned)
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, bring asparagus and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Rinse in cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, black beans, red pepper, onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours before serving.