Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
quick, easy and tasty--great for a person who is busy, but still wants a healty meal for their family.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 ounces cooked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, except sausage. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer about 1-1/2 cups bean mixture from slow cooker to blender or food processor; purée bean mixture. Return to slow cooker. Stir in sausage. Cover; cook on LOW an additional 10 to 15 minutes.