1/17 Photos of Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
Great quick and healthy dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded, reserve 2 tablespoons (I used fat free)
- 1Preheat oven to 350* F.
- 2Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- 3Add garlic, onions, tomato, green onion, cumin, and chili powder.
- 4Cook on medium heat until onion is tender.
- 5Add tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
- 6Stir in beans, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- 7Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- 8Layer 4 tortillas, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 of the bean mixture; repeat 2 more times.
- 9Top with reserved 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- 10Bake 20 minutes, covered, then 10 minutes uncovered or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 461.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.0 g