1/17 Photos of Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
Great quick and healthy dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded, reserve 2 tablespoons (I used fat free)
- 1Preheat oven to 350* F.
- 2Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- 3Add garlic, onions, tomato, green onion, cumin, and chili powder.
- 4Cook on medium heat until onion is tender.
- 5Add tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
- 6Stir in beans, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- 7Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- 8Layer 4 tortillas, 1/3 cheese, and 1/3 of the bean mixture; repeat 2 more times.
- 9Top with reserved 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- 10Bake 20 minutes, covered, then 10 minutes uncovered or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 461.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.0 g