1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious, very hearty soup. It's slightly spicy and is delicious served with corn bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; saute bacon and onions in large saucepan until onions are tender.
- 2Add beans, tomatoes, water and Soul Food Seasoning.
- 3Simmer over medium heat for one hour.
- 4Serve with corn bread, if desired.
- 5For milder soup, replace Ro-Tel tomatoes with regular diced tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: