Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious, very hearty soup. It's slightly spicy and is delicious served with corn bread.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons soul food seasoning
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; saute bacon and onions in large saucepan until onions are tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes, water and Soul Food Seasoning.
- Simmer over medium heat for one hour.
- Serve with corn bread, if desired.
- For milder soup, replace Ro-Tel tomatoes with regular diced tomatoes.