1/1 Photo of Black Bean and Sweet Potato Salad
This is a great, easy recipe! It comes from Everyday Food. I packed it for my lunch and I'm really impressed by the flavor. Great for a side dish or light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 1 pound total)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with cumin, red-pepper flakes (if using), salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- 3Roast on lower rack, until tender, tossing once during cooking, 25 to 35 minutes.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk lime juice with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes, beans, onion, and cilantro; mix gently to combine.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g