1/1 Photo of Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos (Slow Cooker)
5 hrs 10 mins
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
From "Best Recipes All New Slow Cooker", this flavorful and economical recipe is very quick to throw in the crock pot. It is great wrapped in tortillas or served on top of rice (My kids enjoy it both ways!). I double the recipe but not the spices. Note: 11/8/06 I added about 3 tbs. (plus the juice) of crushed pineapple and it was a very good variation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ground cumin
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup canned corn
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Combine Chili powder, oregano, and cumin in small bowl and set aside.
- 2Layer sweet potato, beans, half of chili powder mix, garlic, onion, jalapeno pepper, green pepper, remaining half of chili powder mix and corn in slow cooker. (Note: I cook the onions, garlic, and sometimes add some green salsa, before I put them in the crock pot. Also, Sometimes I just throw in some taco seasoning.).
- 3Cover and cook on LOW 5 hours ore until sweet potato is tender. (Note: with my crock pot it takes about 3-4 on low).
- 4Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- 5Spoon 2 TBS cheese in tortilla and top with 1 cup filling.
- 6Fold tortilla to close.
- 7Microwave until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 175.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 15.1 g