Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This dish works for breakfast, brunch or lunch. It combines the high protein of eggs and beans with the antioxidant benefits of spinach and tomato.. I found this recipe on the internet on a recipe-a-day site recommended by doctors, an optimum health site. It has 20 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber...which make it an excellent power meal, and good for you too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the egg and egg white and scramble them quickly in a small frying pan. Fold in all the other ingredients.
- Place this mixture in the middle of the tortilla. Wrap the two sides over tightly and place the roll, seam side down, on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 6 minutes until the tortilla is crisp and the filling is heated through.
- Serve with a green salad and/or tomatoes tossed in a light vinaigrette.
The only changes I made were to use a full fat cheese and a flour tortilla. This had good flavor which can be amped up or down, depending on the heat level of your salsa. I like the fact that it was so healthy and the plus of it being a realitively frugal meal too.