Recipe by Shannon Holmes
Mark loves this chili, it is wonderful :) http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/display/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=428085 It is the above recipe made vegetarian.
Top Review by LPS9
Made this twice already! We put everything, except the bell peppers, in our crock pot and set it on low for 6 - 8 hours. After half way, or when there's 2 hrs left to cook, we add the bell peppers. We also only made half of what this recipe called for. Overall, we love it! Don't miss meat at all :-)
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4-1 cup frieda soy chorizo, removed from casing (soy based spanish sausage, by the tofu in the produce section)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3 (14 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained or 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove 2 chiles from can; finely chop, reserving remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chiles, 1 3/4 cups onion, bell peppers, garlic, and soyrizo; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chili powder and next 7 ingredients (chili powder through corn), stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, salt, and black pepper.
- Ladle 1 cup chili into each of 12 bowls.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon onion.
- Serve with tortilla chips.