1/2 Photos of Black Bean and Soyrizo Chili
Shannon Holmes's Note:
Mark loves this chili, it is wonderful :) http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/display/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=428085 It is the above recipe made vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4-1 cup frieda soy chorizo, removed from casing (soy based spanish sausage, by the tofu in the produce section)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3 (14 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained or 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can frozen corn
- 1 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1Remove 2 chiles from can; finely chop, reserving remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
- 2Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chiles, 1 3/4 cups onion, bell peppers, garlic, and soyrizo; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Add chili powder and next 7 ingredients (chili powder through corn), stirring to combine.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, salt, and black pepper.
- 8Ladle 1 cup chili into each of 12 bowls.
- 9Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon onion.
- 10Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Soyrizo Chili
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo