Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast and easy, with that extra little zing! Easily doubled or tripled.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- In a food processor with a metal blade or a blender container, combine the beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Process 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Heat bean mixture in a medium saucepan over medium heat, until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, ladle soup into 2 individual bowls. Spoon 1 tablespoon of sour cream on top of each; swirl gently. Sprinkle with green onions.
We loved this soup! So simple to make and great flavor. I used a medium-hot salsa that gave it just a bit of bite. Also love that it is so high in fiber and uses ingredients I always have on hand. Will make this one often!