Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Fast and easy, with that extra little zing! Easily doubled or tripled.
Top Review by LainieBug
We loved this soup! So simple to make and great flavor. I used a medium-hot salsa that gave it just a bit of bite. Also love that it is so high in fiber and uses ingredients I always have on hand. Will make this one often!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor with a metal blade or a blender container, combine the beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Process 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Heat bean mixture in a medium saucepan over medium heat, until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, ladle soup into 2 individual bowls. Spoon 1 tablespoon of sour cream on top of each; swirl gently. Sprinkle with green onions.