Recipe by baezus
This couldn't be quicker or easier and it looks elegant. It was a big hit with members of my family who like hot spicy foods. I would like to try it with a sweet salsa next time so the rest of us could enjoy it more. I found it in Jamie Geller's Quick and Kosher cookbook.
Top Review by Irishgal523
This was excellent! I was looking for something low calorie that would give me the nutrients I needed after a run...and I found it! The salsa and beans add great flavor to a protein packed dish! I'm not a huge fan of fish but i'm trying to eat more and this worked well for me. I'm going to make this a lunchtime staple! Thanks Baezus =)
- 6 salmon fillets, about 3 lbs
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared hot salsa
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Place in prepared pan.
- Mix salsa and black beans in a bowl and pour over salmon.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, if desired.