Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A dip recipe that I copied off the side of tortilla chips. Nice flavor and a bit different from other dips.
- 1 (1 ounce) packagelawry's taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon lime juice
- chopped tomato
- fresh cilantro
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the garnishes; mix thoroughly.
- Serve in a bowl garnished with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve with Tortilla chips and/or assorted raw vegetables.
This is really good. I didn't have any black beans, so I used red beans, and it was still awesome. I served it with tortilla chips and fresh veggies for dipping. I also made a second batch and mixed it 1:1 with ranch dressing and used it as a tex-mex salad dressing. Yummy again.
I also saved this recipe...Source: from the side of a bag of "Mission brand" tortilla strips/chips.
We love this dip! I can't find lawry's taco seasoning where I live, so I use Ortega's Chipotle taco seasoning, and I love the smokiness the chipotle gives. I use low or no fat cream cheese. With all the other flavors the cream cheese brings together, I don't think we miss much from not using the full fat version. Deliciously addicting!