This is a wonderfully thick and spicy chili. It really warms you up on those chilly nights!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey (Leave this out for vegan chili, this is just as good without the turkey!)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces rotel
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 15 ounces black beans (for thicker chili, do not drain)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place corn on a cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with olive oil.
- 3Bake until corn starts to brown, about ten minutes.
- 4In large skillet, over medium-high heat, combine ground turkey (if skipping turkey, use a little olive oil to sautee the following) chopped onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- 5Cook until turkey no longer appears pink.
- 6Add seasonings, chipotle and combine.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low and add diced tomatoes, rotel, corn and black beans, stir occasionally.
- 8Cover and simmer for 35-45 minutes.
- 9Serve hot and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- 10*notes-You can find the chipotle in adobo sauce canned in the mexican food section of your grocer. For a milder chili only use half of a chipotle. This is also great served over rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Roasted Corn Chipotle Chili
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 938.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
chili seasoning mix