Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Black beans are a staple of the Brazilian diet.
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces dried black beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 ounce slice red onion
- In saucepan combine green pepper, garlic, oregano and cumin with 1/4 cup beef broth.
- Simmer 10 minutes; stir in black beans and rice and more broth if needed. Serve in a bowl with slice of raw onion.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not include the preparation of the black beans.
Healthy and satisfying as well as healthy. (I'd be willing to bet that the current nutritional info is incorrect. 97% of the calories are from fat?) As written, the recipe is almost too mild in flavor, I think. I increased the cumin and oregano becuase the amounts listed were barely detectable. I also added chopped red onion right into the stew as well as using for garnish. I also garnished with cilantro and would add it right into the stew next time. Thanx for sharing!