Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I am so thnkful that Richard was raised in a vegitarian home because that makes dinner easy sometimes. I made a pot of black beans with the ham bone from thanksgiving and he viewed that as the meal... lol We added rice to the beans to make a heartier soup. it came out great! I am eating the leftovers as i type.
- 1 ham bone (with some meat)
- 1 lb black beans
- 1 large onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups white rice
- minced dried garlic (dehydrated)
- onion powder
- chili powder
- creole seasoning
- sort and clean beans.
- fill large pot with a lot of water.
- put on med hi and put the ham bone inches.
- chop onion and add to water.
- season water.
- add beans.
- boil 2 hours or so.
- season to taste as they boil.
- as the beans become almost cooked add rice and bring to a boil, add water if needed.
- cover and simmer for twenty minutes until the rice is cooked through.
- We ate cornbread with this -- TASTY!