Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From BHG's New Diabetic Cookbook. Per 1 c. serving: 189 calories, 7 g fat, 17 mg cholesterol, 25 g carb, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat.
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell peppers or 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce or 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the cooked rice, cheese, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, black beans, corn, and green onions.
- Add in picante sauce/salsa; toss to coat.
- To serve: line 6 salad plates with romaine lettuce leaves.
- Top with rice mixture; serve with sour cream.