Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Two words... Simple and Good... oh and it comes from Kraft (even though I made it without using ANY of their products, because I didn't have any on hand). I guess that's more than two words.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- COOK rice as directed on pkg.; place in large bowl. Cool slightly.
- ADD remaining ingredients; mix lightly. Cover.
- REFRIGERATE several hours or until chilled.
- * Cook time includes chilling.
Outstanding! What a perfect alternative to potato salad, which I didn't want to make to accompany BBQ ribs. It went together quickly, and I tasted it before chilling. All it needed was a little salt, so I used my Zatarain Creole Seasoning instead. We loved this and will make it part of our regular menu. Oh, I didn't have black beans so used a 15 oz. can of kidney beans instead. So it can easily be called red beans and rice salad. Thanks so much, ATM!