Recipe by Dancer^
Serve this easy make-ahead salad with a Burrito or any another sandwich. A good way of using up leftover rice. Points 2.
Top Review by Marmie's
Dancer, this was really quick and easy! Tasty too! I had to improvise a bit as I was in a hurry to get to it :( I used Greek dressing instead of Italian, though I found 1/2 cup made it a bit too moist, I would use less next time. To compensate a bit I "drained" the tomatoe juices before adding them. I used a brown / wild rice mix that was left over from last night. I had to substitute red onion for the green pepper and garnished with Feta Cheese. All in all everyone loved it! It was delightful thank you for posting again!
- 2 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 8 pitted black olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro