7 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large yellow onion, choped
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- sour cream, for garnish
- toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- 1Place beans, tomatoes, onion, shallots, garlic, cumin, broth, pumpkin, and sherry in a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- 2Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- 3Puree the soup in the cooker with a handheld immersion blender (or in batches in a food processor).
- 4Add in vinegar; stir to combine; add salt, if needed.
- 5Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 453.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar