Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large yellow onion, choped
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- sour cream, for garnish
- toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- Place beans, tomatoes, onion, shallots, garlic, cumin, broth, pumpkin, and sherry in a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Puree the soup in the cooker with a handheld immersion blender (or in batches in a food processor).
- Add in vinegar; stir to combine; add salt, if needed.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top.
wow I loved this recipe, one of my new favorites