1/1 Photo of Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Liz E.'s Note:
Great blend of pumpkin and black beans - the pumpkin is not overwhelming and the spices are well balanced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock, found on soup aisle
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1.5 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1.5 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree (found often on the baking aisle)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1 palm full
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1/2 palm full
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball it in the palm of your hand
- coarse salt
- 1Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add oil.
- 2When oil is hot, add onion. Saute onions 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth, tomatoes, black beans and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine ingredients and bring soup to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low and stir in cream, curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste.
- 5Simmer 5 minutes, adjust seasonings and serve garnished with chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 254.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: