From ourhealthcoop.com, credited to member Caesar Fiorini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat ancho pepper in dry skillet over medium heat until softened; remove chili and discard veins and seeds.
- 2Add cumin seeds to skillet; cook until toasted, about 30 seconds (watch carefully and do not burn).
- 3Process ancho chili, cumin seeds, black beans, onions, garlic, broth, and water at high speed in blender until smooth.
- 4Transfer bean mixture to saucepan; stir in pumpkin and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Serve in bowls; sprinkle with cilantro. This soup can also be served chilled.
- 6You can make this soup 2-3 days in advance; it can be frozen up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 548.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: