Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From ourhealthcoop.com, credited to member Caesar Fiorini.
Make and share this Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat ancho pepper in dry skillet over medium heat until softened; remove chili and discard veins and seeds.
- Add cumin seeds to skillet; cook until toasted, about 30 seconds (watch carefully and do not burn).
- Process ancho chili, cumin seeds, black beans, onions, garlic, broth, and water at high speed in blender until smooth.
- Transfer bean mixture to saucepan; stir in pumpkin and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls; sprinkle with cilantro. This soup can also be served chilled.
- You can make this soup 2-3 days in advance; it can be frozen up to 2 months.