Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From ourhealthcoop.com, credited to member Caesar Fiorini.
Make and share this Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat ancho pepper in dry skillet over medium heat until softened; remove chili and discard veins and seeds.
- Add cumin seeds to skillet; cook until toasted, about 30 seconds (watch carefully and do not burn).
- Process ancho chili, cumin seeds, black beans, onions, garlic, broth, and water at high speed in blender until smooth.
- Transfer bean mixture to saucepan; stir in pumpkin and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls; sprinkle with cilantro. This soup can also be served chilled.
- You can make this soup 2-3 days in advance; it can be frozen up to 2 months.