Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a basic chunky salsa recipe. I tried it with chopped scallions one day when I was out of fresh cilantro and was pleased with the result. It is *essential* to use fresh cilantro and jalapenos. If you don't have them, don't bother making it--seriously! Also, you can use crushed pineapple, but it makes the salsa quite watery. I recommend using tidbits instead.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, seasoned with olive oil and garlic, drained but not rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans no-salt-added corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 fresh jalapenos, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, chopped
- Remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos before dicing if you prefer less heat. Leave them in if you prefer more.
- Rinse the cilantro well before chopping.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Letting it stand for a few hours will help combine the flavors, but is not an essential step.