Recipe by Starrynews
I recreated this dish from a favorite at a local restaurant. You can easily adjust the heat to taste (I like mine mild) by adding cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes. You can also use a Mexican-style 4 cheese blend for a tasty result!
Top Review by Julie F
What a great change from your regular quesadilla. I used canned black beans, mashed up with a mexican seasoning I found here. I used crushed pineapple - well drained. I thought about mashing it up with the beans, but decided to put it on separately. Be generous with the pineapple - it really adds to the flavor. I cooked these on my flat panini maker rather than baking them. This goes together easily and is easily customized. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 -2 ounce green chili, diced
- 1 -2 ounce onion, diced
- 2 ounces pineapple tidbits
- 4 ounces refried black beans (with lime is great)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 -2 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir chilies and onion over medium-high until onions are translucent.
- Add refried black beans and taco seasoning to chilies and onion in pan and mix well.
- Spread mixture across 1/2 of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with pineapple bits and cheese.
- Fold over the other half of the tortilla.
- Bake at 300 until cheese is melted and beans are warmed through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, such as sour cream, guacamole, diced tomato, etc.