Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a unique salad that I first made when catering a wedding. This recipe serves 6, but I made it to serve 150 people. There weren't any leftovers at all.
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dices
- 1 cup corn
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and toss very gently.
- Loosely cover the bowl.
- Let the salad rest at room temperature at least 1 hour before serving.