Recipe by Pabbit
Great side dish but with enough protien to be a main dish. It does not have the usual oil you tend to see in pasta salads. I took this to a potluck and it disappeared. No one missed the oil!
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 4 -6 ounces fat free creamy garlic dressing
- fresh parsley
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Do not cook in oil.
- Rinse under cold water Clean and cut beans and pepper.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds to soften slightly (this better matches the vegetables to the other textures in the salad) Toss together all ingredients.
- Add more or less spice and dressing to your liking.
- The flavors will mellow with time.
- I make this the night before and taste/reseason the next day or right before serving.
- If you find the flavors harsh, adding a little Splenda helps much like with pasta sauce.