1/1 Photo of Black Bean and Onion Soup Mexicana Style.
A warm and hearty soup made with black beans, onions and fire-roasted tomatoes cooked in spices. Pair with some toasted bread and you have the perfect cozy-up soup for winter. =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 large onion, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro, Chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the chili powder, paprika, and garlic to the oil. Mix around.
- 2Throw in the sliced onion and mix well until onion is tinted red by the color of the chili powder and paprika.
- 3Drain the cans of black bean and add to the pot once onions are tender (not caramelized).
- 4Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the cans of tomatoes and then fill one can with water and add that to the pot as well.
- 5Add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro.
- 6Simmer for 20 minutes to and hour depending on how rich you want the flavor.
- 7Garnish with cilantro.
- 8ENJOY! =D.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Onion Soup Mexicana Style.
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.8
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 57.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 54.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes