Recipe by Abeer1994
A warm and hearty soup made with black beans, onions and fire-roasted tomatoes cooked in spices. Pair with some toasted bread and you have the perfect cozy-up soup for winter. =)
Top Review by Charlotte J
If you are pressed for time to get a meal ready, give this one a try. You can have a warm, healthy bowl of soup ready for the family in minutes. It will feed more then 2 that the recipe says, I think you could get 4-6 servings out of this recipe. I used smoked paprika and that fact could have knocked this recipe out of the 5 star rating. The next time I make this I will use regular paprika. I will be reporting back later this fall. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game 2010
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 large onion, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro, Chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the chili powder, paprika, and garlic to the oil. Mix around.
- Throw in the sliced onion and mix well until onion is tinted red by the color of the chili powder and paprika.
- Drain the cans of black bean and add to the pot once onions are tender (not caramelized).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the cans of tomatoes and then fill one can with water and add that to the pot as well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro.
- Simmer for 20 minutes to and hour depending on how rich you want the flavor.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- ENJOY! =D.