Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living, December 2005.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- assorted tortilla chips
- Stir together first 12 ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and chill 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Black Bean-and-Corn Salsa: Substitute 1 (11-ounce) can shoepeg corn, drained, for mango.
- Proceed as directed.