Recipe by Mille®
A co-worker gave me this recipe at a staff birthday party. It has a unique taste and is extremely versatile. It will last for several days refrigerated.
Top Review by lindsay w
YUM! Made this for a party and it was a hit! I used 3 fresh mangos (to even out the beans and onion) and served with baby greens and tortilla chips. DELISH! We will definitely be making this again in the future.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 oranges or 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained (unsalted or low sodium, if possible)
- 1 mango, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Feel free to adjust jalapeno and garlic according to your taste.
- Combine all ingredients.
- OPTIONAL: For a smoother texture, purée the onions, peppers, garlic, lime juice and cilantro in a food processor, and then mix with the beans and mango.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavours to blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips or tostado as an appetizer, or as an additional salad with grilled meat, or use it to fill a pita for an easy lunch.