Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans
- Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 tbsp per serving of the liquid.
- Mix well: the reserved liquid, vinegar, oil, mustard, cilantro, cumin, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add oranges, cheese, onions, garlic and beans and toss well.
Terrific way to get your beans! Made this in the morning for dinner and absolutely loved it fresh and at room temperature. I thought it was far superior to the refrigerated, marinated version I served at dinnertime. Wonderful salad that deserves far more attention.
This is a wonderful side dish for a summertime meal. The cumin and cilantro are terrific. Be sure to use fresh cilantro for the best flavor. I made the recipe early in the day, refrigerated a few hours, then let the salad sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving (olive oil tends to solidify when refrigerated).
I am in heaven! I had mandarin oranges and cilantro to use up from a food co-op basket this week, and am so glad I came across this recipe! I can only imagine how fabulous it will taste tomorrow. I just finished making it and can't stop eating it. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I look forward to making it many more times in the future!!