Recipe by TasteTester
These can be made as a side dish, an appetizer, or a light dinner with a salad. To give them a smoky flavor, cook them on an outdoor grill rather than in a grill pan, until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp. Recipe from Martha Stewart Living magazine. She uses this as a side dish for Bella Roma Pizza. She also serves Pear and Jicama Salad as a side dish as well.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup corn kernel (from 2 cooked ears of corn, or frozen corn, cooked as directed)
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash beans in a medium bowl until chunky. Add goat cheese, tomato, corn, scallions, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Spread 1/2 cup bean mixture evenly over 1 tortilla, and top with another tortilla. Repeat with remaining bean mixture and tortillas.
- Raise heat to medium-high. Grill quesadillas, 1 or 2 at a time, until grill marks appear and filling is hot, about 2 minutes per side. Cut into wedges, and serve warm.