Recipe by Linky
This is a corruption of another salad that has 4 varieties of beans in it. When I don't want to make enough for a crowd, I use this version. It's pretty healthy and is full of good carbs (especially if you skip the corn).
Top Review by Annacia
I made this yesterday as a side to Nancy's Pantry's Persian Chicken Skewers. What a ton of amazing flavor I had on my plate. I love this salad! I plan on putting some on a lettuce bed and having it for lunch today. I'm very partial to veggieful things and this just couldn't be better. I see myself making this delight several times this summer.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chick peas)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, thick and chunky variety
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together drained beans and thawed corn.
- Chop red pepper, onion, celery and carrot and add to bean mixture.
- Add rest of ingredients, stir to mix.
- Chill for two hours or more before serving.
- (Hot pepper sauce and salt can be adjusted to taste.).
- (Cooking time is chilling time.).
- ("Heat" of salsa is up to you.).