This is great for a buffet! A marriage of couscous and fresh veggies held together by a Southwestern flavored dressing!
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans, and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks.
- Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.