1/9 Photos of Black Bean and Couscous Salad
This is great for a buffet! A marriage of couscous and fresh veggies held together by a Southwestern flavored dressing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous.
- 2Cover the pot and remove from heat.
- 3Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- 5Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans, and toss to coat.
- 6Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks.
- 7Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Couscous Salad
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g