Recipe by yooper
This is great for a buffet! A marriage of couscous and fresh veggies held together by a Southwestern flavored dressing!
Top Review by Mirj
Truly original and truly delicious. This is one of the most colorful salads I have ever eaten. The glistening black beans looked great against the creamy white of the couscous, offset by the brilliant red of the pepper and the dark green of the cilantro. The yellow of the corn really stand out next to the beans. I only used one can of beans and this was a huge salad. It went quickly, it really complements the taste of grilled meat! Thanks Yooper, this is a winner!
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the pot and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
- Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans, and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks.
- Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.