Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great salad for a buffet, with interesting textures and southwest flavors combined in one delicious salad. Leftovers store well refrigerated for several days.
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was very yummy. I increased the cumin to 1 tsp and added 1 tbsp of curry powder, delicious! Thank you for posting your recipe!
I loved this! I'm on the Weight Watchers CORE program and it fit right in, with a slight adjustment to the olive oil. Because I eat breakfast at 5:00 a.m. I'm starving at 9 a.m. at work so usually bring a CORE snack to have. I whipped this up before I left for work this morning and frankly, I could eat the whole thing, but won't. Oh, almost forgot. I made it with Quinoa because I didn't have couscous. Thank you for this terrific healthy recipe.