Recipe by littleturtle
Something a bit different. For healthier version use no-salt-added black beans, no-salt-added salsa, nonfat cottage cheese, light beer, and fat-free mozzarella.
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 fresh or frozen wonton skins, thawed if frozen
- 3 1⁄2 ounces jarsdiced sweet red peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons beer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 quarts water
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash together beans and salsa; stir in corn, onions and cumin.
- Place bean mixture evenly in centers of 10 wonton skins.
- Brush edges of wontons with water, top with remaining skins, and seal by press edges firmly together, pushing out air.
- Trim edges with a fluted pastry wheel, and cover with a damp towel until ready to cook.
- Combine red pepper, cottage cheese, beer, and garlic in an electric blender, cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer pepper mixture to a saucepan, and add the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- Add wontons, and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes or until wontons are tender.
- Remove wontons with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place wontons on it.
- Broil 5 1/2" from heat with door partially open for 3-4 minutes or until lighlty browned.
- Divide wontons and cheese mixture between two plates, and garnish with cilantro if desired.