1/3 Photos of Black Bean and Corn Wontons With 3 Cheese Sweet Pepper Sauce
Something a bit different. For healthier version use no-salt-added black beans, no-salt-added salsa, nonfat cottage cheese, light beer, and fat-free mozzarella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 fresh or frozen wonton skins, thawed if frozen
- 3 1/2 ounces jars diced sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons beer
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 quarts water
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- 1Mash together beans and salsa; stir in corn, onions and cumin.
- 2Place bean mixture evenly in centers of 10 wonton skins.
- 3Brush edges of wontons with water, top with remaining skins, and seal by press edges firmly together, pushing out air.
- 4Trim edges with a fluted pastry wheel, and cover with a damp towel until ready to cook.
- 5Combine red pepper, cottage cheese, beer, and garlic in an electric blender, cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
- 6Transfer pepper mixture to a saucepan, and add the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 7Cook until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 9Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven.
- 10Add wontons, and return to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes or until wontons are tender.
- 12Remove wontons with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- 13Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place wontons on it.
- 14Broil 5 1/2" from heat with door partially open for 3-4 minutes or until lighlty browned.
- 15Divide wontons and cheese mixture between two plates, and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Corn Wontons With 3 Cheese Sweet Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 1113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.8 g